May 3rd, 2024, Friday
High of 74, low of 60, with scattered showers

today, my history class is venturing downtown for a field trip at the music hall in cincinnati, ohio. i have been there twice in my life, first was when i was 6? i saw the orchestra play the music of harry potter, and a second time two or so years ago? i went with my sister before she had her first born if i'm not mistaken.. it had a small orchestra group and a few cirque performers. it was fun. and i'm glad to be going instead of researching andy warhol..

the program list:

Bryce Dessner: Mari

Bryce Dessner: Piano Concerto (CSO Co-Commission, US Premiere)

Beethoven: Symphony No. 7

i haven't heard any of these pieces before, but i'm sure it'll be wonderful. my teacher seems to be frothing at the mouth with excitement!
he sadly almost had to cancel due to the lack of people wanting to come along, but thankfully we are going! he informed us that he has taken his ap european history classes to the symphony every year for 30 years. which would've been sad if we did cancel it to break the streak.

we were told to dress nice. which i of course happily oblige;

i'm wearing a black dress made with a lacy fabric that had red/pink/coral roses on it. the straps are black velvet with little black velvet bows. but the cool thing is the bottom half, a normal black fabric is just above my knees but the lacy fabric is different. the lace section is just above my knees in the front. but it slowly curves down and has a little train in the back, which goes down to about my ankles.

i'm also wearing my mother's heeled mary janes, which are a glossy black along with net socks with a similar pattern to the lace fabric, but the sock's flowers are more of a baby pink. we can't always win

none the less, this is pre concert, maybe i'll finish my other drafts or write one reviewing the concert, this is only a quick log so maybe?
ALSO; song of today - marquee moon by television, GO LISTEN TO IT!!!!!